Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Farm

I've not been posting pretty pictures of all the fabulous food that comes from Crooked Sky 'cause I have a little teeny baby and it's 5 million degrees out.  So, here's a look back at what I was doing at the farm last year.


Starting at the top left {clockwise}

1. Patrick riding a Gator with me so we can take pictures and survey the fields {so we can blog about it}
2. The Chile Roaster.  It smells so good when we roast chiles for our members.  We also have a corn roaster.
3. Some baby corn stalks
4. I can't see, maybe baby radishes.  And yes that's the freeway in the distance.  This particular piece of farmland has been farmed since the 1920's.  It's pretty awesome...the definition of urban farm.  Outstanding in the Field even held a dinner here {I was out on maternity leave then}.  Pictures below.
5 & 6. Tonia and Farmer Frank checking out the native green onions that we grow {i'itoi's}
7. A backhoe. I was taking a picture for Frank.  We got a ticket for driving a backhoe on the streets.  I helped try to deal with the ticket by researching state and federal rules for farm implements on streets.  Ya, that was part of my job too.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails