Thursday, August 5, 2010

Blogland Design

I've been reading blogs for a long time now, really.  I've even been blogging for my family on my personal family blog since 2007.  It hasn't been until just this year that I've gotten the verve to start one just for me.

I've had a lot of fun seeing what makes blogs popular and special.  I think they key for me is just a real excitement and passion for life and a writing style that sounds just like what you would say to your friends over coffee (and croissants).

In addition to great content, it helps to have a super beautiful site.  I read most of my blogs on my rss reader on my iphone.  So, design of the site isn't actually seen by me all that often, but I love beautiful things, so a gorgeous and delicious looking site makes it that much more fun.

I know my site is plain but I really wanted my photos to "pop."  So, far I like it.  But I wouldn't mind having a lovely looking page.  I'm not a graphic designer but if I was, I'd probably do something like what I've seen from Fabulous K.  Her stuff is darling!  If you want something like hers, check out Hello, Splendor's blog, there's a cool giveaway going on right now to win a redesign of your site.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails