Sunday, December 5, 2010

Red Potatoes


I'm always thinking about food.  I wanted to mention this dead simple but delectable recipe if you happen to always have some red potatoes lying around.  I do, 'cause that's what the farm has a lot.

I saw one of the farm employees make this for our holiday party and I was just floored at how easy and fun this was to eat.  She seasoned the potatoes with a mixed grill seasoning but I think it's unnecessary.

Red Potatoes (or any root veg) with Cheese

Ingredients:
Red potatoes
A few slices of cheese from a block (I like cheddar - and slice on the thick side) 
Olive Oil
Salt 
Pepper

Method
Preheat oven to 425 degrees

Cut up the red potatoes into 1" cubes and drop onto a cookie sheet with a glug of olive oil and generous sprinkling of salt and pepper.  Mix it around with your hands before putting it into the oven.

Roast until tender {turning once or twice during cooking}

Group the 'taters together on the sheet pan and place the sliced cheese over the potatoes in one layer.

Put in oven until just melted.

It has this great roasty salty creamy toothsome experience.  I love it and made it earlier this week.  Yum num.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails