Monday, December 13, 2010

My weekend in pictures


It started off with a little experiment of a recipe that turned out spectacularly!! I used The Stone Soup's base recipe for divine 4 ingredient cheesecakes and added a 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, 1/4 teaspoon allspice and zest of 1/2 a small orange.  To die for! Patrick even gave me two long audible "mmm" sounds.


Then while Sean was studying for his last law school exam {wahoo!} the kids and I cruised Paradise Valley for some pretty holiday decor + sunset views and then headed to the McCormick Stillman Railroad Park Holiday lights and train ride with one of his friends from preschool.


The next-door neighboor's mulberry tree was quite pretty and fall-looking this weekend.



We had 2 birthday parties this weekend too.  One at a bear factory and one at The Little Gym.  Both were super fun. {side note: I'm so excited about my shiny hair lately.  I think it's my shampoo.  Yes!}



I'm looking forward to getting the mail this week to see who has sent us cards.  Here's where they will live at our house this year.  Usually we place them on my piano but a 3 year old seems to have broken the music stand.


Oh, and I want to tell you of my fab shopping morning Sunday.  I got some "Mommy time" and headed to my favorite women's consignment shop {taking the scenic route near my house down Central Ave's Bridle Path - the trees are gorgeous right now} where I keep finding the best Eileen Fisher clothes every time I go in...and they all fit perfectly.  Apparently that's all she buys and rotates her wardrobe frequently.  I did some research on Eileen Fisher today {for fun} and she's an incredible woman.  Check out her story and company.  Sustainable design, amazing company benefits.


This is a visual of their design structure above.  Lovely isn't it?


Whoever you are, thank you!  I found something similar to this in charcoal grey today for $15, regularly $150. 

I rounded out my morning with a trip to a local Goodwill {one I'd not visited before} and scored a stellar preschool block set for my kids for Christmas.  These were had for $40, regularly $240.  I'm so so excited to play with them Christmas morning.

This is my last week doing work for the farm this year.  We'll be on a 2 week vacation - the only one we have all year.

Looking forward to a great week - including Sean's graduation from law school.  Time sure has flown! So proud of him.

xoxo
jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails