Monday, August 22, 2011

Lockwood Table


I am just now finding time to sit and look through all the pictures I've taken over the last few months.  Summer is still happening for us since P's preschool doesn't start until the first week of September.  We've been so happily busy with playing around the house, me keeping up with my work responsibilities and trying to squeeze in some fun down time on the weekends with Sean.

I had wanted to share this restaurant with you when we were still in San Diego this summer but of course, time gets away.  But, if ever you find yourself in Solana Beach on Cedros and your stomach is rumbling.  Please do yourself a favor and check out Lockwood Table.  It's sort of hidden in the back of one of the shopping outlets toward the south part of the street but it's darling and I really enjoyed the food.  Service hopefully will work itself out a bit better but it was simple hearty locally sourced food that felt very fancy and easy at the same time.

I had noticed on our visit that they used some pretty chic hard plastic outdoor glassware that I luckily found at Crate and Barrel Outlet at the Carlsbad Outlet Mall - I picked up 14 of them and have been using them ever since.

Another cute touch there was the table water presented in sleek glass with white bottle stopper that I have since found at Ikea here in Phoenix - got one of those now - and have used to store our watermelon juice supply that we make with all the huge sweet watermelon from Crooked Sky.

I can't remember exactly what we ordered, but the kids and I shared the above hummus plate with roasted red peppers and bread, and the pressed turkey sandwich with lentil salad.  Simple and satisfying. Photo by Moi.

Oh, and if you have time, the Solo and Bixby and Ball shops are so fun to shuffle through.  Great ideas to steal for your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails