Monday, August 8, 2011

Blood Bones and Butter and Amaranth Greens

I'm listening to Gabrielle Hamilton's Blood Bones and Butter on my iphone via Audible.com and am loving it so much that I don't want to pull my ear buds out and go to bed.

It's rough and fun and interesting and all about food and finding your way.  It's very creative and sassy and smart and it looks at the "realness" of your life decisions and relationships and I'm just loving it.



Check it out.  There are excerpts on the book's site.

I had to pause listening while I was writing my In Season post on Amaranth Greens/Quelites/Callaloo for Chow Bella.  But I'm dying to start it up.  It's midnight which is when I turn into a pumpkin.  Especially if Gretchen might decide to wake up at 7 tomorrow.  Hopefully not.  Pulling the ear buds out now and heading for a hopefully longish slumber tonight.  Hope you all have a great week!

Here's a sneak preview pic from the Callaloo post this week.  Preeeeety!


1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails