Thursday, October 7, 2010

Our Halloween Home

Before we get to the creepy stuff, here's the new wreath and door mat we found at the Smith and Hawkin section of Tarjay a few months ago.  I just love the rosewood wreath.  And the suzani-style mat is just so cheery.
Here's more of what we did today.  I brought out our spooky tree so that Patrick and I could load it up with our mini Halloween colored and pumpkin ornaments.  

I also made my first bunting {ever} with darling orange and black plaid ribbon and a cobweb adorned napkin found at our local Hobby Lobby.  We also picked up the monogrammed pumpkin for the front door at HL.  We'd never been before today.  It was our outing for the day and Gretchen's midday nap.
Our red-dyed sunflowers from Trader Joe's {originally purchased for Sean's birthday} have started to droop and I thought they looked fitting for this creepy holiday.
I bundled up our first Fall rose blooms and plunked them in one of my favorite glass cups.  They're hanging out next to one of Frank's turban squash. 

We made two strands of bunting.  This is the one we hung in the living room.
Lastly, {and unrelated to Halloween} here's a little peek at my latest craigslist find.  A soft and cozy recliner wingback where we slip on our shoes - and pull over to the living room for movie viewing.  I know, Summer is over and that little spot looks a bit beachy.  But, having grown up by the beach, I feel like it's Summer all year long. And the beach really is that direction {about 400 miles ahead} as is our swimming pool, which will continue to get some use if our weather continues to top out in the 90's.

xoxo jen  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails