Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I took myself out on a date

So, last night I felt like my kids were eating me whole.  I was feeling pretty used up by the time my sweet husband came home from work.  After both kids were asleep I snuck out for a night on the town.  I had initially thought I'd pick up a new nail polish at the drug store for some cheap fun, just like in high school and college.  But, I thought I'd have a little more retail fun than that.


After rolling back the moonroof of my minivan, I cranked up KJZZ {I'm such an old lady - always have been} and I decided I first needed some aromatherapy.  Normally, I don't wear anything 'cause I get a tickle in my nose with most perfumes but was in need of a pick me up.


I headed out and picked up the teeny roller ball perfume of Kate Spade's new scent: Twirl.  It's lovely.  I am still twirling around in a cloud of Twirl.  So happy 'bout it too.  Tell me you don't totally love the description {tho' I don't know if I should wear it or lick it}:



a dash of joie de vivre- perfect for colorful days and cocktail soirees...
  • pink watermelon mingles with blackberry and red currant
  • enhanced with a heart of fresh flowers including orange blossom, star jasmine, tiare flower and sweet magnolia
  • the frangrance is finished with luminous musks and a touch of french macaron (straight from the patisserie, of course)



Then I thought I'd browse the racks at Last Chance to see if there was anything I couldn't live without.  Well, I didn't find much for me but the kids' shoe rack was loaded with great finds {especially for Gretchen}.  The best part about Last Chance is coming home and checking to see what regular retail price is for all the loot you picked up.  I grabbed 6 pairs of shoes for $12.99/pair and they all normally retail for about $50/pair.  See Honey, I saved us $222.  Wow!  Ok ok, I wouldn't go out and spend that much in the first place. Here's what I found:


I found these in two sizes



I can't find a pic of the last darling pink pair of sneaks for G.  They're adorable, trust me.

Then I swung by the "regular grocery store" to pick up a few things that we can't get at Trader Joe's.  I pretty much get my weekly groceries like this: Get food from farm, make meal plan using The Scramble, shop TJs for the rest of the stuff, shop at "regular grocery store" as needed.

Today we needed more chocolate chips.  I think they're the best in the world and totally necessary in any great cook's pantry.  Behold, Guittard Bittersweet Chips.  They are the best.  The BEST.




Lastly, I picked up a Sunset Mag.  I have always loved Sunset and I was reminded how much I loved Sunset {it'd been a while since I'd picked one up} from Kristina of Lovely Morning.  On a side note about LM...I sorta feel weird following the blog.  We went to high school together but didn't really run in the same circle of friends.  I stumbled upon her blog earlier this year, I added the RSS...but, we're not Facebook friends.  Social media is weird.  Either way, she has great style and taste.  I love her recipes.

I was especially happy to see the make ahead menu idea on the cover.  I'm hosting again this year and I'm trying to mainstream all the planning so that I can focus on the people.  My mom and grandmother did most of the work last year and I'd like to lessen that if I can this year.  



That was my night.  It was great fun and now we're loaded up with more chips in case I get a hankering for double chocolate chip cookies.  I'll post the recipe soon, they're to die for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails