Thursday, December 15, 2011

Winter Chef Series - Come Cook with Me

I was stunned when I was asked to participate in the Winter Chef Cooking Series at the Downtown Phoenix Public Market.  Me? Eek! This will be my first time cooking for an audience.  

Of course I said YES and have been planning my meal and stories to share, ever since.

I hope to nail down the menu this weekend. It will be three courses plus wine pairings.  It's a steal of a good time at $55 for a 2 hour class in such a cozy and intimate space.

What you can expect is to learn all about leafy greens.

I'm thinking a greens tasting, possibly escarole with warm dressing and poached egg, maybe a butternut and goat cheese lasagna stuffed with greens, mustard chips and candied seville oranges.  This girl might change her mind, but that's what I'm tossing around today.

For all the details and the other guest chefs in the series, you can go here.  Mind you, I'm the home cook of the group. :) I'd love it if you want to register for the class and hang out with me on a Saturday afternoon in February, here's the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails