Sunday, December 18, 2011

Peppermint Bon Bons

Dear Friends,

I have the best recipe to share with you.

If you like peppermint patties, you're gonna love this homemade version.

It all started when I tried to save a few pennies and eat the cheaper after dinner peppermint patties with the silver wrapping and green writing.  Well, after 4 days of a tummy ache.  I discovered that they were the culprit.

This recipe has 4 ingredients:

Sweetened condensed milk, mint extract, powdered sugar and semi-sweet chocolate.

Here's how to do it.

Mix a 8 oz can of sweetened condensend milk with 1 tablespoon of mint extract.  Stir to combine.  Add 5-6 cups of powdered sugar - 1 cup at a time.


Scoop 1 tablespoon rounds onto a cookie sheet or something similar (that can fit into your freezer) lined with waxed/parchment paper or a silicone mat.



Freeze the minty sugar balls for 20 minutes or so while you melt 12-16 oz of chocolate chips (good ones) over a double boiler or in the microwave at 30 second increments.


Once the balls are quite cold, dip them into the melted chocolate and using two forks, fish them out of the chocolate.  Let them drain a bit back into the chocolate bowl and place back onto the cookie sheet.

I had to do this in many many many shifts because I had to find slivers of time while my 1 year old daughter was sleeping or distracted so as to be able to not have a tray of toddler fingerprinted balls.



They're fluffy, minty and cold.  My son likened them to ice cream.

I love these and will probably make them each Winter from now on.  If you're as big a fan of Peppermint Patties as I am...you should, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails