Tuesday, July 6, 2010

my 4th of july weekend




We did lots of hanging around the house on this festive weekend.  It's hovering around 105 degrees here in Phoenix and the A/C went out in the car this week.  Ick!  


Thankfully we had lots of great food around the house to eat up.  My mom had brought peaches {see note below about peaches} when she was here for P's birthday party.  I was happy to pile my toasted buttered english muffins with loads of it.  

{"Peaches" are what we call Nana's jarred peach preserves.  Every year Nana (Dad's mom) would buy a lug of peaches and skin them, chop them and boil them down with just sugar and jar them so that she had something for her toast through Winter.}

We were happy to stick around the house and just enjoy each other.

We did, however, get showered and dressed on Sunday to spend the 4th of July with Sean's mom, grandma, sister and fam and brother.  I experimented with my new camera taking some feet photos.  I didn't know, but I guess that happens a lot in blogland - feet photos.  I'm trying to catch up and be cool.  

This is brother-in-law and me.  He's a very decorated individual.  






I made a quick beet and lentil salad to contribute to the feast.  

Beet and Lentil Salad Recipe: Trader Joe's Beets + Trader Joe's Lentils + salad dressing + goat cheese chunks.  Delish. We've been eating alot of frozen Trader Joe's food lately.  I'll begin to incorporate more farm food soon, I hope.






Here's what we ended our visit with...those poppers you throw on the ground that snap and smell like smoke.  




They were super fun and so was the rest of the weekend.  Sean was able to enjoy a 3 day weekend with us sans schoolwork.  Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails