Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Trying to be a photographer


This was the finished product yesterday.  I am really proud with how it turned out.  However, I tried my darndest not to completely lose my mind at the kids.  I think mine are especially needy.  Maybe they're not, but I feel very challenged in the area of having them play by themselves.  They always need to be engaged, and so, when I engage myself in something else, it generally makes for some creative thinking on my part.

I broke out the pack n play and cookies and balls and ran to the other side of the backyard to quickly set up the veggies, the tripod, the camera and shoot away.  I took probably 30 pictures in various forms of the above picture.  In between those 30 pics, Patrick was hanging on me, the tree, the tripod, and anything else he could find that was nearby.  Not the balls, the slide, the trike, the sandbox, the grass, or anything I wanted him to play with.  Gretchen was screaming, trying to crawl in the dog poop sprinkled grass to the fallen oranges, sticks and bugs.  When I held her, she was using her Inspector Gadget spring loaded arms to grab the camera strap.  See? Stressful!!

Well, it's over and I'm happy overall and the CSA Coordinators will have a new picture to use to put on their websites/brochures/etc.

Here are a few of the outtakes:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails