Sunday, November 21, 2010

Veggie Table










This is what I envisioned when I'd helped to organize our CSA member appreciation day for the farm.  It didn't quite turn out as lovely as this today {you could call it really rustic} but it was a beautiful blustery day and the food was super delicious.


I've not felt much like posting lately but I've been reading up still {I'm a nursing fool and need mental stimulation while I sit}.  I guess I'm filling my noggin' with lots of lovely ideas and such.  I think what's changed is that I'm sleeping a lot less.  My 6 month old daughter has decided to start waking up several times a night {instead of her usual one time} so I'm way tired.  Someday soon I hope I can muster up the energy to post the few pictures I took today at the farm event.  It was a gorgeous day and my husband babysat all morning so I got to have a bit of a break from the kids too.  Usually I do all my work for the farm with them in tow.  Thanks sweetie.


Here was today's menu {I painted this last night on my kid's easel last night}:


I devoured every bite on my plate.  I got to meet a fellow local food nerd mom and I hope we'll be getting together not only to help grow the farm's CSA program but to have our children play in the dirt together too.


Good day overall, I'm beat. :)


I hope this post doesn't sound discombobulated.  I tend to post when I'm tired.  I it's like drunk dialing.  Why do I do it?  Why am I doing it right now.  I don't know.  Maybe it's the desire to share all the exciting things in my little old life.  Hopefully I won't be embarassed in the morning.   


{slightly shouting slurred voice}
I love you guys...  


xoxo jen

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails