Sunday, November 14, 2010

Gettin' my holiday on

I feel like I'm at the starting line of a marathon of fun called "the holidays." I'm hosting Thanksgiving and Christmas again this year and while I'm glad that I get to be in my own home, it's darn hard to get it all together.  Last year I was pregnant and this year I have a 3.5 year old and a 6 month old and it's not any easier.

I will say that I have ordered my Christmas/Holiday cards, so that's a big one for me.  I wish I had one of these Primele stamps for the return address.  Beautiful!!



However, I need to menu plan for Thanksgiving.  This is a hard one for me right now.  I'm trying to live a more minimal and primal food lifestyle right now.  My challenge is in trying to please everyone.  I want to prepare food that everyone craves for Thanksgiving, but I want to avoid the bloat {I need to with my mommy tummy that I'm trying to reduce}.  Doesn't this cauliflower mushroom stuffing look gorgeous?


But I know my sis in law and family isn't into veggies and will my dad be sad that my mom's sausage stuffing isn't on the plate.  See my problem?  Not sure what to do.

I'm trying to be all healthy and then Ree posts all these drool-worthy recipes.  I think I will steal this cranberry pomegranate sauce recipe for this year.


I am getting way ahead of myself 'cause I've planned a Mom's night out for some friends this Thursday.  We're going bowling at the posh new place downtown and I don't go out.  Like hardly ever.  I don't know what to wear to a posh bowling alley.  I guess one of my go to uniforms of flats + jeans + 3/4 length striped top + scarf will do just fine.  Twill be super fun.

Then Sunday I'm trying to help organize a party where I work.  We're working on a fun menu and one of the items will be crispy turnip chips served in a parchment cone.  How cute is that?  I'm envisioning something like this:



And then after Thanksgiving is my husband's graduation from law school.  How amazing is he? I can't believe it's all over already.  I'm so proud of him.  We'll have to plan something fun for that too.

It'll all work out.  I just need to remind myself of that.  It's all fun stuff.  I'm just a worry wart.  Are any of you like me too?  I am generally an in-the-moment kind of girl but it's only 'cause I've planned it all out ahead of time - if only in my head.

What fun ideas do you have for Thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails