Monday, May 30, 2011

Summer Loverly List

Loving Memorial Day weekend.  A big thank you to all the men and women who have served and lost their lives.  I cannot imagine what it must be like to have a family member lost like that.  It's been a nice weekend for my family and me to rest and recharge.  We've all done lots of napping (except my 3 year old son - that's not happening) and movie watching and playing games.  If you haven't seen Midnight in Paris yet, you should, it's such a fun trip across the world and through time.  I highly recommend it.  This is my first item on today's loverly list.

1.  Midnight in Paris - Owen Wilson seems like an ill-fitting lead but he actually is perfect.  The 20's costumes were so slinky and sparkly - and Rachel McAdams while she was a little brat, had some fun wardrobe that made me want to run out and find some oversized shirts to wear with skinny jeans, a belt, thick strappy heels and large purse with chain straps.  I suppose I wouldn't wear the heels with my wimpy feet, but I love the idea!

2.  Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies - now that Summer has arrived and we have a bit more leisure time, we'll be making these.


3.  Whale Pillows - I want one.  But I don't want to pay for a pillow, so I'm going to be making my own.  Something that looks like this - I hope.
4.  San Diego Artwork - we haven't planned exactly when we'll be visiting my parents this summer, but I hope to hang this art on my walls someday to bring a bit of my childhood onto my walls.
{via}

5.  Summer vegetables - I am so happy that the Summer vegs are ripening.  My son has been asking for tomatoes, corn and eggplant at afternoon snack time - and totally unprompted.  He just knows what's good!
{via}

6.  This adorable girls black breton stripe rashguard and belted swim bottoms from BabyGap.  I grabbed them all yesterday at The Paradise Valley Mall.  So, if you want to go find this, you might have to look elsewhere.  Unbelieveably adorable.


7.  My first breton shirt.  I ran into Ann Taylor too yesterday since my husband was with us at the mall - normally I wouldn't go in with the kids.  But he hung out with the kids on a bench while I found this top on sale for $19.  So excited!  I couldn't find the photo on the Ann Taylor site, but it sorta looks like this one below.  History of the breton stripe shirt: here.  All these years later, we still love them.


8.  From Asparagus to Zucchini.  I would love to get this book sometime.  While I may already be able to write one myself (since cooking seasonal food is part of my job), I still love getting inspiration elsewhere.  This is the ultimate CSA guide - created from a Wisconsin CSA.



9.  The last two are blogs that I've really enjoyed reading lately.  The first is The Good Life for Less.  Jill has classic style and is also a stay/work at home mom.  She seems to have boundless energy and I love getting ideas for the things in my closet.  

10.  Lastly is another blogger from the midwest.  She's a military wife and mom and I have so much respect for her.  She's also into fashion and has been doing a food cleanse that is making me want to do one too since we've all had a bit of a tummy bug lately.  She's adorable and fun to follow.  Do Think Wear See Love Dream.  Check her out.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails